When your pet comes to Paws to Claws for a preventive care appointment or surgery, or if he or she is under the weather, our in-house diagnostics give us valuable insight into your pet’s health. Paws to Claws Veterinary Care offers the following diagnostic tools:
- Blood Pressure Testing: Checking your senior pet’s blood pressure during preventive care visits is extremely important. High blood pressure, left untreated, can cause blindness.
- Blood Work: We can promptly and accurately process a full blood chemistry, coagulation profile, and organ function panel.
- ECG: We use our electrocardiogram equipment to check for abnormalities of the heart for our anesthesia patients and for those displaying clinical signs of heart disease.
- Eye Pressure Testing (Tonometry): Our pets can develop glaucoma as they age just like we can. We recommend eye pressure testing for all of our senior patients.
- Radiography: We have digital x-ray and digital dental x-ray equipment that provides us with clear images that can be immediately evaluated and shared (if necessary) with a specialist.
- Ultrasound: We offer the advantages of ultrasound, which is highly effective for locating ingested foreign objects and identifying tumors. Ultrasound is noninvasive, uses no radiation, and is much more affordable than MRI.
- Urinalysis and Fecal Tests: We run full urinalysis tests in house. We prefer to send fecal samples to a reference laboratory, but when an instant answer is needed for a sick patient, we will run the fecal tests in our lab.